Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Working, and Love It

I loved the last(?) talk by Elder Wurthlin. I think it's one of the finer things. The title was: Come What May, and Love It. My title is a bit of a spin, but I think his talk and the information in it pertain here.

This week has been unusually busy. I'm absolutely amazed that it's late Thursday night. I really shouldn't be after today. This was an especially busy day, admittedly, but I'm having more and more of these. This is not bad, but I'm also not used to it. I'm not quite to the point I want to be: Working, and Love It.

I've been pondering so much in the last month or so that I really need to be good with working almost constantly. Being worn out isn't bad, at least, I feel I need to have this attitude. I honestly can't remember what cause the initial flip of the switch (to ON), but somehow I realized in the recent past that death is not a time to rest from all our work... we'll get to rest from all our cares. HUGE difference there. For whatever reason, I'd somehow amalgamated the two (work and cares) to be one and the same, but they SO aren't.

Perhaps this wimpy epiphany came as a result of the hard work I put in (and I observed Jess put in) when our kiddos were sick with the pukey stuff AND we were (at least, I was!) SO worried. I just felt the burden of CARING so heavily. And not that I think I should NOT care about them, but that there's something to be so concerned about... I think that's the burden that we will be free from. No fear. No worry. Such a heavy burden to be set free from, eh? *sigh*

What a day to rejoice in... yet, I do fear Death. Of course, I'm a big boob when it comes to change - even when I know they are good changes. It's difficult for me, okay!?

__________________________________________________
Enjoying the "wild" world of Tori's brain? Leave me a lovely comment!

Also, click on over to Finer Things Friday and check out some other bloggers' finer things!

3 comments:

vicki said...

WHat a reward! to be free from those cares/worries. Good hard work (here 'n there) is/will be rewarding, too. We oftentimes don't see the end result here right away.
THis grama sure has experienced that.

Our family said...

We really like that talk too! We love you guys and miss seeing you on Skype... Tell our little birthday girl we're thinking of her too (even if I didn't manage to send the wishes on time!). If I can figure out how to carry all that I want to get we'll have a cute somethin-somethin for her too...

Anonymous said...

Free from our cares and worries. Ah, what a Finer Thing that will be! Thanks so much for sharing.

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter