Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Sunday, March 22, 2009

How The Affair Began

You know, my love affair with books, silly. Okay, so I found this cool blog about books. And I wanted to share some of my thoughts and feelings about them (books).

What’s your favorite book?

Honestly, my favorite book is The Book of Mormon because it has brought more peace and power to my life than any other single thing.

I think, however, this is not the sort of book the questioner was thinking about. So, I'd have to say my favorite "ppular book" would have to be... huh... I really don't have one. I could say Twilight, but not because it's particularly well written - more because of what it represents to me. (See favorite author for more.)

Favorite author?

Stephanie Myer because the fact that she wrote Twilight in 3 months after having a dream (read chapter 13, I think) and then was signed and everything within 6 months of the dream... Uh, can I say, AWESOME!?? Additionally, the fact that she did all that AND has 3 kiddos... can I say, "I'm inspired!" Well, I am. A writer wanna be (okay, so I write, but I'm not widely published), her success whispers, "You can do it,too!" And so, I keep hoping and the hope is a little bit bigger. ^_^

First book you can remember reading?

Maybe FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC by VC Andrews. My "early" reading was pretty Romance genre specific. ugh

Book that changed (or challenged) your life?

#1 Book of Mormon and Bible (tie)

The Five People You Meet in Heaven, various Chicken Soup books, The Sixth Sense, Hands of Light, and Square Foot Gardening

Worst book ever read?

I think even the worst have contributed the person I am now. I don't always make the best choices and I'm certainly not perfect, but I like me... so they couldn't have been too bad. :) I can't remember them... either because I couldn't finish them (so don't count it as a book read) or have forgotten them on purpose (most likely).

What you’re reading now?

Whipping through my magazines now. I'll get another library book on Thursday. The last one I read was quite good, but I can't even remember what the title was! :(

Book you’d recommend?

The Book of Mormon!! No, seriously. It's good for any and everyone!!! Even if you read it as "just" a history or like a novel, even, it's inspiring and helpful - assuming you're on the side of "light" (versus dark and the evil one).

I also really like: Gone With The Wind, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Sixth Sense (NOT a book about the movie), and The Ship Who Sang.


Now, you answer the questions! :)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

We loved Angel Girl - Joseph even had tears in his eyes when we read the part of the boy missing his mother. Great recommendation!

vicki said...

Interesting reading your choices. Thanks for sharing. love, mom

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter