Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Monday, March 16, 2009

Why I Post So Much Lately

I like to write. If you know me, you already know that.

What you may not know is that another big reason for my numerous posts as of late is... well, part of it is that I have more to share. But the not so positive part (and I'm trying to be more "bald") is that I'm hoping to be heard. I don't feel heard in my life. Perhaps most homestay Mamas do? Mostly, for me, it's because I end up listening much of the time... (I know! Can you imagine??) or talking just to help others feel at ease. I'm not really expressing much of anything really pertinent to my own feelings at the time, much of the time. Pretty sad, huh?

The worst part is yet to be said.

I felt this sort of kinship to a woman I don't know (sometimes so easy, right!) who was sharing her experience of being a newly married wife of an Army man (I think that's the correct branch) in Panama. What for, the kinship, you might wonder. Because she felt lonely and was totally looking forward to the arrival of her hubby at home. She mentioned that she didn't like him that much, not terribly kinshippy feeling on that bit for me. But still.... I look forward to Jess coming home, but then I keep on feeling lonely because he doesn't much actually listen. It's sad and depressing, but that's, at least, how it feels.

Okay, so I know I have lots to say. But I like to listen to him (almost all the time). I just wish he would reciprocate... you know! DO you know??

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love to discover new readers and visit their sites.

You've perfectly described a woman's dilemma. I love your quote by Elder Holland. It's hard to look at other's gifts and be satisfied with my own. We live in a competitive world and although I don't feel in competition with other woman, I am intimidated and feel already behind in where I am on the course of life. It's a very worthy blog topic and I'll think about it for weeks.

vicki said...

I've been loving the frequency. It has been days, though. Hope it is because you are less lonely. miss you. love, mom

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter