Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Working Wednesday

The Farmer's Market I've been working is closed today and next week (of course), but I'm still working!

What do I DO?  How do I work?

Thank you for asking!  I'm glad you're interested.  *wink, wink*

I actually have way more work than I can handle. Not all of it falls under the umbrella of "work for money," of course.  I'll stick to that umbrella for now, though.

My efforts to market myself and thus market: my Lilla Rose business, and the other businesses I own are, in large part, spent online.  This blog, Pinterest, Facebook, twitter, my newsletter (you can sign up by entering your email address in the box under "TNJNT newsletter" to the right), picture/graphic alteration and creation, networking, and actual crocheting (which, of course, is not online) take up a huge amount of time.

But what do I DO?

Well, I spend a lot of time in my work space... at my computer.  That time is spent writing posts, which is a time consumer.  I love it.  I love to write.  None-the-less, it eats time.  Making pictures to work with my posts is also time consumptive.  Notice, I haven't had photos with every post for the majority of my blog's life!  I am hoping to go back and add photos to older posts.


Office Space Really Real images


My Facebook business page is a time eater.  I love the growing interaction there.  It's been a lot of fun to put out games and enjoy the responses.  I really love seeing what and how people think.  It's just cool.  Anytime you see a picture on that (or any of my pages), you can bet it's taken a while to create them.  I'm so grateful for picmonkey.com and Photobie.  I don't know how I would manipulate pictures if not for those two tools!  What you see on my Pinterest is most often NOT my picture creation. Twitter still befuddles me a bit.  I really don't know the etiquetter of that social media.  I don't post often and have a very poor following because I really don't know what I'm doing there.  That is one of my goals for the new year: to figure that out and increase my followers.

You may not realize it, but for a blogger to get in good with those who pay for what we do (write, review, do giveaways), I need to have good numbers here in my blog as well as the other social media I've mentioned.  It's a lot, I tell ya!

I use and love Pinterest as a photo bookmark more than an idea storage place.  I like the ideas, too, of course.  I just tend to use it to keep track of things I'd like to find again.  For ideas, I've used Pinterest most for recipes.  I like to see what the food is going to look like before I attempt a new recipe.  Is that weird?

Pretty sure I'm missing something, but my brain is mush right now.  I sure would love to hear from you!  Is there some form of social media (or other tool) that you think would help me get out there more?  I sure can use all the help I can get!

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter