Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Thursday, August 1, 2013

For My Girlfriends Who are Joining Me in a 40 Day Meditation Jouney

ADDED on AUGUEST 19, 2013: New Entry for THIS Challenge

Welcome, welcome.  I'm so glad you are joining me!  Meditation is awesome and wonderful and can help you change your brain (to change your life) even faster than what you've been doing.  If your experience is anything like mine, in a year from now you will be amazed at the shifts, changes, and improvements in your thought processing and, generally, your whole perception of life and ability to gracefully handle what comes into it!

If you're joining a little later than our start date (Saturday, August 3, 2013), just make sure to figure up 40 days from your start and finish out then.  If you love it as i have, you'll just keep right on going after the 40 days are finished anyway!  :)

Because I have experienced such wonderful incremental results using Kundalini Yoga, I will reference Kundalini Yoga as the "go-to" form of meditation when I make suggestions.  However, you are certinaly free to meditate in any form you prefer, always!  I've done guided imagery in the past and it was amazing.  I don't prefer it because i had experiences i wasn't quite ready for as a result and prefer the way the changes occur using Kundalini Yoga.

Obviously, if you're a guy reading here, you are welcome to join in a 40 day Mediation Challenge/Journey, too.  If you ARE a guy and want me to include you when talking to whomever is reading, let me know you are reading!  Otherwise i'm taking it for granted that only chicks are here checking in.  :)

You don't HAVE to, but i do recommend making sure you wear white and cover your head with some sort of scarf or something.  I use a long, flat white diaper that i can tie at the nape of my neck.  It's not pretty, but IS clean and it does what i need done.

First, always start with a TUNE IN.  Daily, i complete, at least, a 7 minute Kirtan Kriya.  But you can do up to 30 minutes of Kirtan Kriya (or longer if you have tons of time).  Just make sure you TUNE OUT when you're finished.

If you have more time, you can do Kirtan Kriya and another, like PROSPERITY meditation... or RELEASING ANGER AND NEGATIVITY or any of the many other tools in the Kundalini Yoga toolbox, before you close with the TUNE OUT.

If you don't like Felice Austin (or how she teaches, or whatever), you can certainly use another mentor as your Kundalini Yoga teacher... or another mentor for another form of meditation, for that matter.  :)  I'm just sharing what i've found to be most helpful.  I've got a whole PINTREST board that is, in large part, a link spot for a bunch of different tools that are Kundalini Yoga.

As I add more information to our Challenge/Journey, i'll link each new post here.  I'll also make sure to put a link on our FB page (for the ladies I know about who are joining me in this Challenge).

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter