Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Saturday Soliloquy 60: The Rain in Oak Harbor Washington

My Mom told me this never happened... and maybe that's true.  But this is my story as I remember it.  And, in my memory, this happened way more than once.
 
I loved Oak Harbor, Washington.  Maybe that's because it is there I can pull up my first memories.  I have no idea why I cannot remember before I was five years old.  I think it is rather strange to not be able to remember before 5, but perhaps it's rather normal?
 
It rained very often in Oak Harbor.  I have learned since, that it rains a lot on that side of the Rocky Mountains.  It may rain more often in Oak Harbor than a little farther East into Washington State... I don't know about that.  I do know it rained a LOT there.
 
It didn't rain in the dark all of the time, or even most of the time.  In my memory, the rain fell just as often with the sun shining bright as with it hidden by dark clouds.  I remember finding myself in misty rain while playing in the sun really often.  And there were even many times when I could see the drops falling down, but they never touched the ground.  And back then I was pretty close to the ground (little kid), so I could readily see the truth of this observation.  That's the part my Mom says never happened, but in my memory is has always been and will continue to be what is true for my story!
 

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter