Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Friday, March 14, 2014

Prom... I cannot even imagine!

Me eldest daughter is now ten years old.  I cannot even imagine her going to a Prom!  It seems crazy to even think of it!  I'm not exactly sure why, but this step up into double digit numbers for her years on earth has brought with it some contemplation on my part that I've not really had much of before now.  I mean, I'd have a fleeting thought like, "I need to figure out what we're going to do when each of the girls begins to have her monthly visitor." or,  "Jessie (my husband) and I really need to come into agreement about dating rules for these girls," or some such.  But it wasn't a concern, per se.

Now, though... for some reason... with Ria TEN now... it all feel so very imminent!  And since she is SO beautiful, I can only imagine the number of invitations she'll either get or NEVER get for things like dates, dances, PROMS!  gah!!!  I have one sister born of the same parents as me and she is also Beautiful... and she wasn't asked out all that much BECAUSE she is so beautiful... but she did accompany a few guys to various Prom-like dances.

So, these thoughts have got me lookin' around.  If you've been reading here for any length of time, you know I have a few very specific beliefs about modesty and related.  So, I'm thinking about and trying to sort of plan for my girls (the special celebration when Aunt Flo comes the first time and the dreaded dates (PROM!)).

JenJenHouse is a site I've looked at for Prom dresses for my girls.  Obviously, not NOW... but these ten years have flown, I'm sure the next six will seem even faster!  I'm really impressed with the great selection of lovely and modest fancy dresses!  I honestly thought it would be unlikely to find really appealing (to me) Prom-like dresses, but there are quite a few options!  In fact, a large variety of styles AND colors that I think are both lovely and appropriate!

Here are a few, starting with the rainbow and a few extra:
  


  
 
 
 
Although I did share quite a few above, these are only the ones I liked.  There are MANY more optiopns.  And if you're not concerned about modesty in the way that I am, there are even more options!  I am very impressed with JenJenHouse.com.  I hope they will be in business when it is time for my daughters to find Prom dresses!
 
 Disclaimer: This post was created in partnership with Mom Buzz Media.  All opinions are truly my own.

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter