Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

a little swelling

by the end of the day I was stung BEFORE the day I almost died

by the end of the second day after the sting above

comparing stings - similar sting on the other arm a little later than the one above

this comparison is for stings that happened a time before the time I almost died
both instances in April 2012

So, I didn't take pictures of the stings and swelling I endured most recently.  I was stung at least 8 times.  Probably more like 10.  A couple on my back, arms, leg, hands... thank goodness for veils!  There were a number of bees trying to get at my face, for sure.

Apparently, I'm quite allergic to bee stings.  So, after the last fiasco, I purchased a bee suit on the cheap.  Hopefully I won't faint from overheating!  It's a neoprene thing and you're supposed to check on bees in the hottest part of the day.  Yeah, not a good combo... but hopefully better than the stings.  Unfortunately, I will also be wearing boots and full gloves.  I was so hoping to be able to right in there with the hive.  But nope.  Not for me, I suppose.

the above photos are from April 2012

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter