Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Food Storage Analyzer

Although I haven't written about my desire and efforts toward food storage recently, I do still have great desire to build a strong food storage program for my family.  We are NOT there yet.  Winning the Traditional Year Supply  of 2000 calories for one person certainly gave a huge lift to my hopes that we might be able to get all we need gathered together.  With that great gift of winning that contest, I've thought that we might be around 2 months of food storage for our family of 6.  This was not based on anything... just a guess.

Well, guessing is no longer necessary because Emergency Essentials has a food storage caluclator!  It's really easy to use, though maybe a little time consuming if we're not pretty sure of what we have for food storage.  If you have a list of all you have in your food storage, it will be a lot easier for you to use this tool.  Even if you have to devote some time to it, though, I think the time you spend will be a good investment.  It's rather comforting to see where we stand, as far as the coloric intake for our family which is stored, in our food storage program.

The only real drawback (other than potential time investment; if that's a drawback) is that there is no way to alter the calory counter part for each individual in your family.  This is NOT that big a deal to my way of thinking, though.  For instance, based on the Calorie Counter I found via a quick Google search, Ria would need right under 1700 calories per day... so, an extra 300... well, I think that's negligible AND who wouldn't want to be OVERprepared by any amount, anyway?!?  :)
I recommend this tool.  Let me know what you think of it after you give it a try!  :)



Gift Card Giveaway

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter