Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Thankful Thursday Week of October 13 - 19, 2011

Thursday, October 13, 2011:  I'm thankful for the blesing of being able to exercise with Kathy Smith even though Jimmy woke up.  Jessie kept him entertained, which enabled me a more peaceful workout than has become normal.  YEAY for blessings!

I'm thankful for the gift and blessing of the opportunity to be of service to the dear Sister in my Ward who must remain sedate (not her natural state) due to breaking her foot.  She allowed me to schedule a few other ladies to work together in her garden again.  We got her food garden weeded and planted up and lookin GOOD!  What a pleasure.  After last time, I did not make time to complete the similar tasks that need to be done at my house, but as a result of promptings I heard that went a little something like, "You can make time for her, this is good, but you must make time for you and your family.  This is needful.  You must provide for your family where you provide for others or your sacrifice is not appropriate."

SOOooooo... NOT only did it feel once again "SO good to do weeding with friends for this friend in need," but I also spent a good deal of time in my yard at home.  I took care of some rabbit maintainance, ran off to do Visiting Teaching (she wasn't there, but still went!), went back to gardening, but at my place this time to weed and thin, began working on fire ant termination with boiling water.... I just got SO much done today!!!  I'm SO grateful for the gift and blessing of service and the inspiration and determination that my work for my sweet Sister has increased (with nudges from Father God, of course) to do for myself and my own, too!!!  God is AMAZING!  I'm so grateful I get to go back and spend time with this Sister again and work in another part of her yard on a seed garden (for seed saving).  What a gift and blessing to have this continued source of inspiration for work I need to do here, too!  ^_^

Friday, October 14, 2011:  I'm thankful for the exercise time doing my longer Yoga video first thing this morning.  Jimmy woke up and Jessie covered that base, which was wonderful.  I'm grateful for the opportunity to Visit Teach my friend I missed yesterday, today!  I'm so happy and thankful that she suggested some service I might do for her AND that I was available and able to do it!  What a joy to serve such an amazing and wonderful Sister!!!  I'm SO thankful that she asked me!!!

Saturday, October 15, 2011:  I'm thankful for the gift and blessing of being able to exercise without a fussy Jimmy (Jess has been consistently caring for our baby when Jimmy wakes up in the morning).  I worked out with Gilad this morning.  An older video (actually on a tape), but still a good workout.  And I need/want/desire new workouts, so it fits the bill.  :)

I'm grateful for the invitation to participate in the sealing of a friend of mine.  Unfortunately, there was no way for Jessie to get any part of the day off today due to catering he wasn't aware of until only a few days ago.... but I went with the girls and Jimmy and spent time just hanging out on the temple grounds.  Met a lovely man with his son, both of whom are Michaels... Mazur, I think... a Persian last name whatever it was.  Quite neat.  And he was just a lovely man.  I was able to chat with Brother Pulver and his son Shay, too, since his wife was in with our friend.  The girls ran around on the beautiful lawn with a new (to me) border.  The girls were like, "It's been like that for a while, Mom," when I said something about it.  Well, they do see it far more frequently than I since we go from parking into the temple and they go out again and walk around while I, when I go out again, am immediately looking for them.

So... temple time twice this week!  What a joy!  My friend kept thanking me for coming all the way for her.  How could I mind??  I mean, God will work out the gas money and all, I'm sure.... He always does!  And my girls got to see the temple BUSY!!!  THAT made it worth it all by itself!  :)

I'm grateful one of our male rabbits finally did his duty fully with one of our female rabbits.  We may actually have baby rabbits hopping around in 31 days or so!  How exciting!  :)

Sunday, October 16, 2011:  I'm thankful for the blessing of Church and partaking of the sacrament.  I'm grateful for the preparation that went in to the talks given today.  I'm grateful for the quiet time I enjoyed, while my family slept (even Jimmy for a tiny bit of it).  I'm grateful to be alive and to have the family I have!

Monday, October 17, 2011:  I'm thankful for the workout with Susan Powter (added in weights).  Jimmy woke up and Jessie made breakfast while I exercised away.  Not a WONDERFUL workout because, as Kat pointed out by touching my breastbone and coming away with dry fingers, I wasn't dripping sweat.  But I know it was good for me.

I'm struggling with being thankful for the YUCK I felt last night and a little bit today AND the fever Jimmy has.  I'm hopeful that he's getting teeth and that's all it is.  Poor little guy.  He's SO sweet through it.  He's just a little more mellow than normal.  A little more cuddly.  I just don't prefer it when my kiddos are ill!

I'm thankful for the organizing work I was able to do in my home today while JMY slept through some of his fever.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011:  I'm thankful for the workout with Kathy Smith.  Power Push and the sweat was rolling.  Yeay!  :)

I'm still having a difficult time giving thanks for Jimmy's fever.  I am thankful that I feel significantly better after being a bit under the weather.  I'm also struggling to feel thankful for marital difficulties I/we have.  But I know it is all to a purpose.  Many I can see, and for them I feel much gratitude.  But there is also much sadness and/or mourning....  "And it came to pass" is as true today as when the prophets of the Book of Mormon wrote it.  :)

I'm grateful beyond ability to express for the wonderful visit I enjoyed with a dear friend and her daughters today. It was TIMEly!!! I was rather sad and down when she arrived and felt filled full of acceptance, peace, and even a good bit of happiness by the end of her time here! God is GREAT!!! I'm so thankful that "He is," as Jessie says, "SUCH a GOOD planner!" Praise the Lord for friends in righteousness who call us from our sins! I love you, my sweet friend!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011:  I'm thankful for the AWEsome workout I enjoyed this morning working out with Tamilee Webb.  A long time ago, in a faraway land, I recoded some of her workouts onto a VHS cassette.  I found this gem of a video a while back... days or weeks, I'm not sure.  Anyway... I decided to do it even though I couldn't remember anything about it and WOW!  The sweat was pouring off me (workout clothese soaked!) and my muscles were BURNIN!  So... good times!  :)

I'm grateful... okay, really, I'm TRYing to be grateful that I found Tea had a fever as of this morning.  I'm struggling to feel grateful for two fever babies in the house.  I still have a slight one, on top of it all.  I'm functioning just fine, just tiring out fast.  I guess their illness is good for me(?) in that it requires me to do less.  I'm definitely not going to make it to the Relief Society Activity tonight... I was so excited about it!  It's a service project of making cards for our missionaries AND servicemen...  *sigh*  I know Father has a purpose in this Trial.  I know ONE of them is to bring to my awareness how FAR I have to go in developing my Faith so that it swallows all fear.  I'm disappointed in myself to find that fear is STILL such a STRONG default in my mind and heart even after all the Lord has shown me to prove His Faithfulness!

I'm grateful Tea's fever broke today.  Hopefully she'll stay well now.  She's so much more enjoyable as an interactive little girl, rather than the limp mass sleeping on the couch that she was all day today.

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter