Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday Week of June 9th

Thursday, June 9, 2011:  I'm thankful for the blessing of being able to do Visiting Teaching without kiddos.  I'm grateful for all the work my Sisters do without any acknowldgement in the world.  I'm grateful for the Restored Gospel of Christ in my life!

Friday, June 10, 2011:  I'm thankful for Jessie's hard work in our home and in efforts to find work to sustain us as we seek to fulfill the Lord's plan for us!  I'm so GLAD that my girls are excited about this week's orange-ade stand after last week's REALLY poor sales!  I'm prayerfully hoping that things will be better this week!

Saturday, June 11, 2011:  I'm thankful for our annual Primary Water Day Ward ACtivity!  What FUN!  I'm grateful for friends and fellowship and the opportunity we had to enjoy it together as a whole family (unlikely if Jessie was working full-time in a restaurant!).  I'm so GLAD I got to meet some really neat ladies who I hope to see in the future at Park Day and maybe even church!

Sunday, June 12, 2011:  I'm thankful for Home Teachers and Missionaries and the opportunity to have them over when we're together as a whole family.

Monday, June 13, 2011:  I'm thankful for Jessie's diligence in trying to find work.  I'm also grateful that I was able to take a nap with Jimmy today.  The last couple weeks have been taking their toll and I'm so glad to feel more rested after my nap AND to have a happier baby after he got the sleep he did!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011:  I'm thankful for the gift and blessing of spending time with my sisters in the Lord at a great park down the road from us.  What a blessing!  And even more, a seemingly unlikely blessing: running into the girl I met the last time we were there.  I think this is not just a coinkydink.  ;)  And I'm thankful!  I'm thankful for the gifts of phone calls and emails Jessie received about possible jobs, which helped him bear up under the burden of being the primary/sole provider (though currently unemployed) for our family.  I'm SO grateful for prayers for him for I feel certain that they have made his way easier than it would've otherwise been!  THANK YOU for praying for him/us!!!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011:  I'm thankful for the blessing of a friend having extra work in her business and giving Jessie the opportunity to do the work.  Everything helps!!!  I'm thankful for Relief Society Activities.  It was so fun to learn yogurt making from a pro.  I'm so thankful for the Gospel of Christ in my life and the amazing people with whom I get to associate because of it!

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter