Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Monday, December 29, 2008

Another Blessing and Miracle for 2008

A few days ago I was thinking about "things" again and how Jess seemed to want to get something for me for my birthday. I still didn't want anyTHING. We'd gone to the temple. That was ON my birthday and FOR my birthday, as far as I was concerned. I was thinking that there really wasn't any THING I wanted. I even considered telling him that as long as we continued to make it to the temple once a month I would consider that my gift. I didn't mention that simply because I sort of hope that he does (or will) do the temple trips just because... the girls love them, I love them, and maybe he'll come to (or does??) love them!?!!

It popped into my head, during that pondering time, that there really was someTHING I wanted. I'd wanted it for a while. It would have made my life easier at the end of the pregnancy, but at this point it would be a REAL back-saver. So, I went and told Jessie, in a very off-hand, but direct manner, that there actually was 1 THING that I wanted - eventually, when we could afford it..

Are you just itchin' to know what it is??

Well, I haven't thought about it much because I figured the "cheapest" one I could find on craigslist or in the pennysaver would be around $100 (that would be functional given my weight and all). So, I figured I wouldn't be able to get it for many moons. I didn't think about it after I told Jess about it.

I was on the phone with my Mom today when I asked if she would like to talk to Ria. She did, of course. But then she asked if I wanted to Skype and that way she could read a book to Ria. I agreed, but told her I would be a minute because I had to get everything set up and work on the waffles I had going. (Yes, waffles for dinner! I actually made them from scratch this time and they were crispy and yummy. Aren't my girls SO lucky!! ;) heehee)

This really does pertain!

The cooked waffles were taken out, new batter in place when the phone rang. I hadn't been off for more than 2 minutes and I was wondering if my Mom was antsy. I went over to pick it up and decided to answer it, even though the number was definitely NOT my Mom.

A brother from my Ward, Peter, was calling. He told me that he'd just called and talked to Kelli to see if they could borrow Joey's truck to move something. Kelli told Peter that I'd been looking for something like that and that I might want it. So, he was just calling to see if I DID want it.

I felt GIDDY! I almost started crying because I felt so excited and happy! I couldn't help but feel that I was receiving (yet ANOTHER!) big hug from Heaven!!! ^_^ After I suggested that we might be able to pick it up in the van because Jess could take the back seat out, Peter told me that he didn't want to inconvenience us (!??) and that he was going to try to have it over to me probably by Wednesday.

So, what is this something that is a hug from Heaven? Are you just bouncing in your seat wishin' to know?? Well... I guess I'll tell you now and then explain why it's such a boon at this time. I told Jess that the only THING I wanted for myself (just ME, not like the piano that was for me so that I could feel like a good Mama, the kind of Mama I want to be... so that my girls could develop the talent and ability of playing the piano and maybe I could try to learn a little along the way) was a treadmill.

WHY, you may wonder, is a treadmill SUCH a gift/boon/hug right now? Well, the answer lies in the numbers. Tea was 10.4 pounds when she was born. In her first weeks of life, she gained 1 pound each week. On top of the 15 pounds (give or take some ounces) that she's leveled off at for the past few weeks, I've gained back some weight! :( I'm sure SOME of it is water retention, but I'm equally as sure that some is NOT. ARGGHHH... ahwell.

I have gone out walking with Ria and Kat in the trailer and wearing Tea in a sling. Okay, so I've gone out all of 4, MAYBE 5, times. I honestly dread it. Not only do I have the chore of getting the older girls to cooperate, but wearing Tea for a long walk... GUH! My back STILL hurts from the last one we went on.... I've been feeling frustrated and wishing that somehow I could justify buying the triple stroller that I found (it has adjustable seats so Tea will be able to be in it before she can sit up on her own - my traler does not), which we'll buy with some tax return money, BEFORE the tax return arrived just so I could get my WALK ON... but I couldn't. And so I was trying to get it in my head that I would just have to DEAL with some pain in my back to get the weight back off and GET FIT and healthier.

And then THIS! This boon and HUGE hug from Heaven comes my way!! WHAT A BLESSING!!! Now, my back will be preserved AND I'll still be able to walk.... My treadmill will go just next to Jessie's "cave" his "guyrage," you remember? The spot in our garage that I got ready as my Daddy gift to him before /for Tea's birth? That way I won't add another thing to STAY AWAKE doing in my bedroom and complicate me sleep issues further (the only other option as a place to keep and use it) AND I can tread on my mill while the girls watch movies in Daddy's area, which they LOVE to do because it's extra special to them! Isn't that the AWESOMEST!!!

Thanks to Peter and Sherry for their generous gift (not only the THING, but the delivery, too)!!! ^_^ They are so kind. (I'm pretty sure they were a secret santa of ours last year... and now the givers of THE best "thing" gift for me this year!!!) Isn't it WONDERFUL to feel the surety of Heavenly Father's love. I know I'm nothing extrordinary... so if He loves me this much, I'm SURE He loves YOU like this, too!!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

yay. I am so glad you got that. I have also been wishing for a treadmill, but the truth is that if I really want to, I can drive the mile to my in-laws house and use theirs. I am glad you will have one for yourself. That is awesome!

vicki said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice message. love, mom

Valerie said...

I just wanted to say that I love reading your blog. I honestly dont know how you do it with 3 little ones! You are amazing and you really deserve all those hugs from Heaven!

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter